Thursday 13 July 2023

The girl has vision

Does anyone else find themselves saying, "Where did she come from?" about one of their children?  For many years I've often found myself muttering just that about my youngest.

All four of my children are quite entrepreneurial, they can identify an opportunity and take the initiative, work hard to achieve success, sometimes against the odds.  They have all the characteristics of a successful entrepreneur - "creativity, dedication, determination, flexibility, leadership, passion, self-confidence, and "smarts" (according to an online dictionary).  And Justine has all that in spades. And then some.

Her little family have just enjoyed a European holiday on her earnings as an Instagram influencer.  I don't understand how all that works but she's a good one apparently.  I follow her, of course, and am constantly amazed at her flair, creativity and confidence. 

Her day job is in data management and she's worked her way into a very senior position with an international company. She works online to a crazy timetable to fit in with the office hours of wherever her current project is located.  It's not unusual to hear her say she must be up at 3 am for a zoom meeting.

Her latest personal project is just coming to fruition.  When the family moved to their new home a few years ago, Justine identified a spot on their few acres that would make a perfect spot for others to enjoy time out.  At first she had a bell tent which she hired out for small social gatherings, the idea of building a small cabin on that spot was then born.  

 

To open up the view of the mountain they had to have three old pine trees felled, which Justine with the help of a neighbour, had to cut and stack (while Bill was bed bound with long Covid). Unfortunatey, Bill's long Covid coincided with the stage of the project that involved a lot of physical work and I'd always thought of Justine as more of an ideas person than a physical labourer.  She's proven once again how I underestimated her.

A really lovely rocky mountain stream gurgles below the site.  The last time I ventured down to the stream there was no path, the ground was extremely rough and uneven and it took all the men in the family to haul me back up.  Now there are steps with a handrail also going in so the likes of her mother can negotiate them safely. 

 

 I can't remember the name of the booking agency she is listing the cabin with, I think it's Canopy Camping Escapes.  I'm sure it will be a great success.

7 comments:

  1. What a good idea, your daughter has done very well for herself thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter sounds amazing, and that spot is so beautiful i wish i could come visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is pretty amazing, mimi. It is a very beautiful spot.

      Delete
  3. Your Justine has more than vision. She's got initiative, enterprise, resourcefulness, courage. Good for her and for her family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Duta. I'm in awe of her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like she's done really well for herself, sometimes it's more about determination.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!