Thursday 4 May 2023

Kingfisher

I can't get a photo of it, it is too fast, the slightest movement from me and it is gone.  It's a beautiful kingfisher, one of my favourite birds.  It's the first one I've seen since leaving the farm where they were regular visitors.

Kingfishers are symbolic of freedom, courage, adventure, and balance. 

I've read in other places that they represent abundance and love, in another place they say they are a symbol of peace.

I'd be happy for all (or any) of that to come my way.  I've been keeping a sharp eye on the fence post it visited but so far I haven't seen it return.  

For now, I'm happy to have the memory of its beauty.

10 comments:

  1. I got some good pictures of kingfishers in a small cove via canoe one day. They may have been mating, because they hung around. Usually they are noisy and fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only once got a half decent photo of a kingfisher, they are way too fast for me. I do love them though.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They are glorious little birds, aren't they?

      Delete
  3. I do hope you see it again, they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Tomorrow is another day', as they say. The kingfisher will come your way, and you'll take its photo. Don't you worrry1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloured bird. Hopefully you will get a photo of one oneday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll put my faith in you being right, Duta. I'd like it to be so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not seen a kingfisher in years and years....

    ReplyDelete
  8. The previous comment was from me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!