Wednesday 1 March 2023

Working boat

I recognised the location of Margaret's new header photo immediately but for the life of me can't remember the name of the bay.  So annoying.

I knew I had a photo taken there also - of boats.  I searched and searched but couldn't find it.  Probably because I couldn't remember the name of the bay.  Foiled by my own filing.

Then I thought to search my blog.  I knew I took it on one of the tiki tours I did with Graham.   Gosh, Graham, that was in 2014. 

This is my photo of the same bay, from a different angle and taken 5 years before Margaret's. I've been there since, the boats are always there.  Still can't remember the name.

And, just because I like it, this is another boat I captured on that trip. 

10 comments:

  1. Don't you hate when a word eludes you? It will show up when you least expect it.

    It looks like a very nice place for boating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words seem to often escape me these days. I have to tell myself to relax and wait for it them to reveal themselves to me, it's a waste of time chasing after them.

      Delete
  2. We'll just call it "Boat Bay" for now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea, Lee! There are so many beaches in Northland, your way will make things so much easier.

      Delete
  3. That is a most interesting looking working boat. Looks like it is riding low in the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very low in the water. Had a huge catch of mussels on board. I liked it because it looked like what it was, an honest to goodness working boat.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad it brought back happy memories for you Pauline. I've done some more searching - it is called Oneroa Bay, but often known as Long Beach. It was such a peaceful spot and I would love to visit there again one day. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I had it wrong, Margaret. I know Long Beach but that's not where my photo was taken. Mine was along the old coast road to Russell.

      Delete
  5. That boat looks like it is about to sink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle, It is very low in the water, isn't it? It was loaded down with mussels.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!