Tuesday 28 February 2023

How many kinds of beautiful

I only stayed with my daughter on the coast overlooking the Waipu River for a couple of days.  I spent most of the daylight hours just sitting and looking at the view and wondering how many kinds of beautiful exist in our world.  It was hard to believe that Mother Nature, here so peaceful and benign, had so recently shown us the power of her other side and unleashed Cyclone Gabrielle upon us.

  

High tide

Low tide

Usually I enjoy the river from the roadside.  It was nice to have access to one of the homes on the hill who enjoy that view every day.

Actually, I also spent a while being entertained by two lovely little terriers, Bertie and Betsy, two absolute delights.  Bertie took a shine to me and didn't let me out of sight much.  Not that I complained.  It meant he was handy when I wanted to take a photo.

 
Bertie


 
Betsy

 

6 comments:

  1. How many beautiful photos...I follow you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dogs are Bertie and Betsy.
    Saw photos and videos on the TV of that cyclone, just dreadful.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Apparently many relations of mine live in NZ but I don't know any personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Margaret, Yes, it was a nasty cyclone, I hope there's not another experience like that for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are more kinds of beautiful, i think, than we can see in a lifetime. I'm so glad you got to enjoy this one and shared it with us.

    Those dogs are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! And so are Bertie and Betsy! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!