Tuesday 19 July 2022

Trains and planes

There were no boats on my just finished holiday to Oz but there was an unexpected train ride, my first on the all electric Queensland Rail tilt train.  That was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, whizzing along at, I believe, speeds of up to 170km hour, very quiet and smooth. 

 

The on-board service was as good as on any airline and pulling into stations was smoother than the landing on my return Air NZ flight to Auckland that's for sure. It was lovely spending a couple of nights with my brother who lives in Bundaberg and his wife.  I'd got it into my head that he wasn't as well as he'd said when I'd seen him briefly the previous weekend.  It seems I was wrong and he is fine. 

It's never a hardship spending time in Bundaberg with its rich farmland and temperate climate which is rated the most equable of any Australian town or city and ranked 5th on a worldwide comparison.

The day we drove a few minutes to the beach for lunch there were so many people dining out we gave up and went back into the city. 

We had lunch at the RSL (Returned Soldiers League) on the river with the blinds half down to keep the sun out of our eyes.  Can't complain about that in the middle of winter!  As you can see most of the diners were enjoying eating at the beach.






 

 

 

 


The art gallery for no reason other than it's one of my favourite older buildings in the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!