Tuesday 14 June 2022

I've just checked the weather forecasts for Brisbane in Oz and am relieved to see their cold snap seems to be passing.  I'm not headed that way for a couple of weeks but wasn't happy at the prospect of visiting when the temperatures were likely to be much the same as they are here.  I go home in June/July to escape winter not have more of it.

Actually winter is only just now arriving, it hasn't been very cold so far.   There has been a lot of rain though and last night we had a corker of a storm pass over.  The thunder shook the house and had the boy cat looking slightly confused, not too sure what was going on.  He didn't seem to notice the lightning at all whereas the girl cat found her way to the window side of the curtain and was watching it intently.

The rain found us on Saturday too when my daughter and I went to watch our local footy team play against our old home town team.   The buildings in the backgroiund are at the dairy factory where I used to work in the dim and distant past.

For the past five weeks I've been an art student learning how to do acrylic pouring.  We are lucky enough to have a gifted art teacher in our district, just a couple of kms from where I live.  When I say art student I simply mean a student learning a form of art, I am not naturally artistic or creative.  That's probably why  I'm so over the moon about my creations.  I felt the process could be compared to just playing with colour and, for me, there is nothing more enjoyable.  I definitely was attracted to  strong, bright colours.  I was almost jumping for joy when I saw the colours emerging on the plant pot below.

 

I tried different colours on this one, I call this 'the eye of the storm'.


For the piece below I thought I'd try for some soft and pretty colours to go on a box that could be used for trinkets, bits and pieces.  This is the top of the box, I like it but the colours really aren't for me.


I still have one piece, a large food platter waiting for the resin coating to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!