Wednesday 20 July 2022

A gathering in a rainforest

My sister Clare is the one who finds lovely accommodation places to  gather our siblings together each mid-winter.  After a Covid enforced absence I was there this year at Sweetwater Cottages in the rainforest at Maleny.  

I know from visits to Maleny in the dim and distant past that the drive there is picturesque with dairy farms interspersed with the rainforests but rain put a stop to any sightseeing.

We had a wonderful time, four brothers and four sisters, a husband and a couple of wives, probably all talking at once.


Danny, Denis and Terry

Brother Bernie was also there but not when the photo was taken.

The location was beautiful, secluded and peaceful.  Most of us went for a nature walk to a waterfall.  Some, like me, turned back when we saw how steep the path was and we all ended up with leeches.  Ewww, not nice, I'd forgotten about them.



 


 

 

 

 











 

 

The two photos above are from Sweetwater Cottages website 

My apologies for the all over the place photos.  Darned if I know how to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!