Sunday 31 October 2021

Wants and needs

I thought I'd sorted out years ago the difference between wants and needs and when my children were teenagers I mastered the art of explaining the difference quite succinctly.

Yet during the week I found myself totally convincing myself that my want, my desire, my craving to see my son and his little daughter had become a need.  And for a brief few hours I wasn't functioning as normal, I behaved like a teenager denied a Saturday night party.  Luckily there was no-one around to witness my mini hissy fit, my angry ranting about our bloody government and their 'need' to keep our borders locked so tightly, denying their citizens who live elsewhere the right to come home.  I really did let my frustration get the better of me.  My admonition to myself to 'let it go' made no difference, the very thought that I have no control over the situation just riled me more.

To distract myself I decided to go for a drive to the nearest cafe and have coffee and cake.  And take photos of the countryside to remind myself I have so much for which I should be thankful.  However, it seemed even Zeus was on my side, I drove into a storm.  Although it did me good to stop on the roadside and take in the rural scenes, the rainy day photos aren't the best.

 

Even the spring flowers seemed to be having a bad day.

It really wasn't my best day.  The absolutely decadent looking cake I chose for myself, giving the fingers to healthy eating and anything else that could be associated with what I should or should not do or feel, was horrible.

And that nearly sent me to the point of hysteria, I thought it was so funny. 

I felt better immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!