Sunday 21 November 2021

Lady, help me ...

"Please help me. Your cat attacked my dog."

A little blonde girl, a bundle of blonde cuteness with at least four top teeth missing, was standing outside my kitchen window, bouncing from foot to foot, obviously agitated.  I had expected her to ask to use the bathroom.

She pointed an accusatory finger in the direction of the cat, who was obviously on guard duty, looking nearly as agitated as the little girl.  

I rushed to her aid hoping my cat had not done any damage because she is fiercely territorial and very unfriendly.  I asked the name of the dog so we could call him and both little hands went over her face as she dropped her head, and said, "Oh no.  I can't remember!  I only got him today and I've lost him already."

He was easy to find, came running up to her as soon as we walked into the back yard.  A little foxy.  She scooped him up and away she went interspersing "Thank you, lady" with kisses to the dog's head and the occasional "He's heavy".

I hope she enjoyed the short time she had that little puppy for a pet.  Can imagine how heartbroken she must have been when his owners came to pick him up.  He's the village escapee, a regular on the community Facebook page, known and loved by many in the community and the little girl's dad had already posted a photo of the little girl holding him, looking for the owner and saying a little someone was falling in love.  I will know Fritz if I see him again on one of his many adventures.  And I'll certainly recognize that dear little girl.

Alleycat, dog attacker

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!