Monday 13 April 2020

Jami's Project - Day 18

The last of Good Friday sun through the leaves of the Moreton Bay Fig

The blog is going to have to stay as it is for a while. Until after the 20th of the month at least. With Leone working from home, us both watching movies on Netflix, more than usual on-line hookups with family and me updating the blog more often than usual we have gobbled up nearly all my monthly WIFI allocation. 

So I'm changing horses mid stream. No, that expression can't be right, it doesn't make sense. But I guess it could have years ago when we got around on horseback. And a lot of our oft used phrases originate in the dim and distant past. OK. So, I'm changing how I'll be taking part in Jami's Project rather than posting live each day, I'll do my updates offline and copy and paste when my new WIFI allocation comes due.

The website work will have to wait until then, too. I hope I haven't forgotten what I've recently learned by then!

Leone went to Whangarei this morning to get groceries and is declaring we'll have to survive with what we now have because she's not going back into that madness again. The queue at the supermarket was long when she got there, so she parked the car and went for a walk along the riverside. Big mistake, it was worse when she got back.

This is my daily entry for Jami's Project whereby she wants to create a collection of journal entries from people of different ages, from different countries and different parts of this country, during this 30-day Covid19 period.  She wants to highlight how "in this together" we all are, regardless of government policies, and the influence it will have on our wellbeing and to evaluate what individuals do to cope.  She has participants from Alaska, Canary Island, France, Canada and Norway.  (Jami is my grand-daughter.)
The Daily Count
1312, 24 in Northland
29 new cases
15 in hospital
422 recovered
4 deaths 

8 comments:

  1. You will be missed, i'm looking forward to the update when you can get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, messymimi. We have taken Adrian's advise and done a top up to the WIFI. So life continues as 'normal'.

      Delete
  2. We haven't really had much trouble with supermarkets here in Kerkeri, every time we've gone it's been clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good, Amy. Pak n Save in Whangarei is a madhouse at the best of times.

      Delete
  3. This template is great. Well done now if you decide to improve it then save this one first.
    Just buy some more data. We are only here once as this Bat Flu malarkey has brought home to folk.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. And thanks for the advise - we have topped up our WIFI. Had to really for my daughter to continue working. And it looks like she will be working from home for quite some time yet.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful light filtering through the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I couldn't capture it as well as I would have liked, but then, I never do.

      Delete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!