Friday 10 April 2020

Jami's Project - Day 17

The rain has gone and left behind a glorious, shiny and washed clean day.

I'm having online lessons in website maintenance of the Lodge's website.  Goodness knows why I decided to fiddle with my blog between having the lesson and doing some practice.  Maybe I thought it would help.  It didn't.  All it did was muck up this place.  I haven't changed things much since I started this blog but one big change was changing the background which I now find easier to read if it's black, so thought I'd change it back.  As for everything else ... all I can say is my brain was 10 years younger when I started.  I may be able to fix it, at least I have plenty of time to do so.  But then again, it may have to stay as it is.

Anyway, I think I'm doing better on the website work with printed directions to follow.

I've just enjoyed a very long chat on the phone with an old friend who can always make me laugh.  Old friends who know us so well are so precious.  I hope all my friends are finding something to smile about in this crisis, there's always a bright side.

 Daylight Saving has gone, the days are cooler, the light is softer, evening shadows are longer.
My world is beautiful.

This is my daily entry for Jami's Project whereby she wants to create a collection of journal entries from people of different ages, from different countries and different parts of this country, during this 30-day Covid19 period.  She wants to highlight how "in this together" we all are, regardless of government policies, and the influence it will have on our wellbeing and to evaluate what individuals do to cope.  She has participants from Alaska, Canary Island, France, Canada and Norway.  (Jami is my grand-daughter.)
The Daily Count
1283 cases, 20 in Northland
44 new cases
16 in hospital
373 recovered
2 deaths

9 comments:

  1. Your world is beautiful right now, i hope you continue to get rain when you need it, in just the right amounts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, messymimi. And it's raining again today. So, so much to be thankful for!

      Delete
  2. I suspect you have messed up comments as I'm not sure they are showing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I did, Adrian. Still not sure if I have fixed the problem. We'll see. (When I said that to my children it usually meant "no")

      Delete
  3. I miss two days (I have just read them and caught up) because I've been concentrating on outside jobs with the weather being good and when I get back the world has changed. I can cope with white on black but there's no forward and backward so I now have to remember the title of the last one that I read. Ho hum.

    Anyway I'm glad to see that you are in good spirits. I'm also glad to see that things are looking good for New Zealand on the Covid-19 front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a work in progress, Graham. I think I have partially fixed it. Yes, things are looking promising on the Covid19 front.

      Delete
  4. There is always a bright side and an end to every beginning. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, There will be an end one day, I hope that day isn't too far away. Meanwhile, stay well.

      Delete
  5. Doesn't it make you mad when things go haywire with technology and we wish our brains were younger.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!