Thursday 9 April 2020

Jami's Project - Day 16

There won't be any Easter eggs this year.  To be honest there usually aren't any in this house as I have no willpower when it comes to chocolate.  Any I bring into the house are usually well gone before Easter.  Shops are closed tomorrow (as, I think, they should be anyway) and we don't plan on a supermarket trip on Saturday.

But we have something better for Easter.  Better even than chocolate Easter eggs.  While I'm trying not to be overly excited, our Covid19 numbers just took a plunge, right off that plateau.  Today is the fourth consecutive day when the number of new cases decreased.  And today's new cases are just over half of yesterday's.

And, finally, tighter border controls have been introduced.  As you have probably guessed I'm all for the draconian approach.

Now we just have to trust everyone to play the game for a bit longer and stay home over Easter.    That will be a challenge to monitor.

And here's the biggie.  I could, just maybe, have another grandchild arrive on this crazy earth.

Go well.

This is my daily entry in Jami's Project whereby she wants to create a collection of journal entries from people of different ages, from different countries and different parts of this country, during this 30 day Coronavirus period. She wants to highlight how "in this together" we all are, regardless of government policies, and the influence it will have on our wellbeing and to evaluate what individuals do to cope.  She has participants from Alaska, Canary Island, France, Canada and Norway.
The Daily Count
1239 total cases, 20 in Northland
29 new cases
14 in hospital
317 recovered
1 death

8 comments:

  1. This is a surprise. A new template to celebrate fewer cases of Bat Flu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too sure what I'm celebrating, Adrian. It's given me a headache or two, that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. We take our hats off to NZ and their fabulous Prime minister. You guys are doing it hard but very well. Congratulations to all of you Kiwis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Di, Yes, we are lucky to have good leadership through all this. But, of course, we still find things to complain about.

      Delete
  3. Hello Pauline, I am glad you are staying safe and healthy. Congrats on the the new grandchild. I love your header photo. Everything around me is shutdown except for the food and pharmacies. We are to stay home and wear a mask when going out. Happy Easter to you and your family. I hope this is over soon. Take care, wishing you a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eileen, The new grandchild hasn't arrived yet. Maybe today will be the day! Can't think of much else actually! :)

      Delete
  4. Praying your numbers keep dropping, and the grandchild arrives safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your prayers, messymimi. Go well.

      Delete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!