Tuesday 10 October 2023

The side eye

 

I didn't know I had perfected the side eye until my younger grandson, Aiden, grew as tall as I am.  I pretended I was really cross about being overtaken by all the males in my family and, look at that face, isn't he proud of himself?

I didn't remind him he has a way to go to catch up with his older cousin, my firstborn grandson, Michael who will turn 30 in a couple of weeks.  Gee, no wonder I occasionally feel a bit tired.

My two daughters and their offspring and partners and I had a lovely night out in Auckland.  I was too tired to go out with friends, as had been planned, the following night!

  

Surrounded by love

My daughter and I arrived in Auckland a little early for our meet up with my other daughter so we parked in the Wynyard Quarter and went for a short walk along the waterfront.  I expected to see more boats but what were there were very impressive.

  

The previous week my little great-granddaughter came for a sleepover.   She had a lovely time riding her bike around the village with another resident's grandson.  

She fell in love with my friend's toy doll, couldn't quite believe it wasn't real.  Isn't that a beautiful doll?

  

I haven't been spending much time on line.  No, that's not true.  I've spent a lot of time on You Tube following hand craft tutorials, making things for a stall we at the village are having at our local market day to raise money for our Christmas party.  I've done a lot of sewing and crocheting.  I forgot about taking photos before submitting my efforts to the craft team, except for these little book marks and worry worms, and a couple of the many granny squares which have been made up into a lovely blanket by one of the skilled crochet ladies in our midst.


 
And this @#** tea cosy, where I met my Waterloo.  It doesn't fit my little teapot, I've tried to line it up in front of a small watering can so you can see where the handle and spout would go.  If it doesn't sell (and to be honest I doubt anyone would want it) I can always unpick it and reuse the wool.
 

10 comments:

  1. I don't have a use for a tea cosy any more but I do love the colour. Yellow to me is happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy reunion photo, that second one! I've never had/used a tea cosy in my life, I think. Living alone, I usually just make myself one cup at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your side-eye :) Sweet photo of your great grand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful family, and I'd buy the tea cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a long time since I last saw someone use a tea cozy, but I hope yours sells. I know that feeling of being eyed up by the next generation LOL. There is only one left in our family now who is shorter than me, and that won't be for long! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are flying up to Auckland first week of November and will be travelling through Northland, can't wait. btw my oldest son is 6 ft 6 so it's not just you that's smaller than them, me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you sure have found something to keep you occupied in the village. We are having a craft sale next month. You have a lovely family and it must have been nice spending time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lovely family, Pauline. :)

    Your crocheting is great. I was useless at crotcheting! :)

    Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely that you can enjoy your great grands!! I am hoping I live as long,but that will be a stretch. Nice craft work as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!