Saturday 3 June 2023

The news

It's very rarely that I announce I have News!

So here it is. Today I have news.  I have finally secured a place in our local, lovely little retirement village.  It's a small one bedroom unit so I have a lot of "stuff shedding" to do.  Where to start?  For a week or so I just did a lot of wandering around the house, opening and closing doors, looking and thinking.  

This past week I've made a start but my mind skips from one thing to another.  The minute I set myself a task and make a start I think of something else that must be done soon.  I've even woken in the night and thought of something I must not forgot and been silly enough to get out of bed and do it immediately.  In case I forget!

My mind just doesn't seem to be able to cope with so much going on in there at the moment.

Not to mention my body.  I put in a good four hours of solid packing yesterday, stopped for lunch then sat down in my comfy chair and slept for two hours.

One more week till moving day.  I think I'll be ready. 

Be back in a few weeks!

 



 

 

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with moving, it's a stressing time I'm told.
    So many things to get rid of one way or another.
    Had a friend who did what you are doing, such a hard thing at times.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One should have someone - family or volunteer - to be with in the process (decluttering, packing, and the rest of it). It's a tough process, felt weeks after.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you the best of luck with everything. I'd certainly have difficulties with a lot of decisions if I had to downsize...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and enjoy your new place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the very best, Pauline. A whole new world is opening up. Rest up when you can...don't push yourself too much...don't over-do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent news, hopefully it will suit you down to the ground, usually when we move we throw out loads of unwanted stuff, makes you wonder why you bought them to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome news Pauline. I hope the move goes well and you soon settle into your new home :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear you're moving and best of luck with downsizing. We did it 18 months ago and I know how much work it is but I am sure it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is good news. You will find it much easier living but you are going through the hard part now. I got packers in to do the kitchen stuff and heavy things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. May I also wish you the best in your new home? Hope you have sorted through things and are at peace with all the world. x

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!