Saturday 11 February 2023

She's gone

I'm so thankful I finally got to know my precious little grand-daughter.  I felt I knew her from our frequent video chats with her and her dad but I was completely overwhelmed by the magic of her spirit, the loving hugs, the infectious smile, the boundless energy.  She talks, sings and dances all day long.  Even when she's quietly drawing by herself or playing with a doll.

I've been feeling so sad and empty since I said goodbye to her, a form of grieving, I guess.  I don't have any control over it, I just accept it is the price I have to pay for the wonderful time I had with her.  I'd accept it every day for as long as it takes to go away in exchange for the joy of the love that I shared with her.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Pauline, I feel your loss. She is such a cutie and to be so loving as well - but how wonderful that you finally got to spend time with her. Enjoy the precious memories she has left behind :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fine you could get to know your Granddaughter. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable! The ideal would be to see the grands daily or weekly, but that's not always possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious child! I hope you get to visit with her again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful little darling. Of course you are missing her...grieving the loss of her company. She is a such a gorgeous little girl.

    Take good care of yourself, Pauline. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Anonymous" above is me...Lee! I wish Google/Blogger would behave itself! So much trouble trying to respond etc. lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs from across the ditch, Pauline. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!