Saturday 14 January 2023

Meet Emilia

My Brasilian family have not been very impressed with the weather that has greeted their arrival in NZ but are making the most of the fine days.  

I've loved every minute of getting to know my little Emilia, she has captivated me completely.

 

I'm pretty sure her favourite place is the beach. 

Followed closely by the local school playground


Although it took her a while to become accustomed to the farm way of life.

 Can you imagine my pleasure in seeing her wearing a little woolen top that was knitted by my mother for one of my children?

I did warn you, didn't I, that I might go overboard with photos of my little Emilia?

In other news,I'm starting to think this vertigo will never go away.  It's definitely much better than it was but it's still there, catches me out occasionally when I stand and constantly interrupts my sleep at night.  As anyone who knows me well will tell you, I like my sleep, I do not do well without my regular quota.

The flowers I planted to brighten my garden at Christmas finally bloomed, two weeks later than expected and have now been so buffeted by the wind and rain that some are growing laying down, still flowering, brave little things that they are.  Not the cosmos, though, they are still standing proud and flourishing.  There's too much wind today for me to get a photo.  

I need to be more like cosmos.

9 comments:

  1. Emilia's adorable! As for your vertigo, have you done any tests that might give you a clue as to causes and treatment? You shouldn't have to get used to it. I'm sure it has a solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Duta, I've had tests and scans to rule out any serious conditions and have medication to control the vertigo. It "should" be gone by now, hopefully it will soon.

      Delete
  2. She's precious! I'm so glad you finally got to meet in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute and adorable. Enjoy every moment with her and store in the memory bank. Sorry to hear you still have vertigo. Have you tried the Epley maneuver, there is a super you tube video that explains it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane, My doctor showed me a very similar manoeuvre which is more difficult than the one I've just watched on you tube (the one you mention). I've been doing that one three times a day for 10 weeks. Time to try something new I think. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little Emilia is adorable, no wonder you want to spend a lot of time with her and she looks like she is enjoying being with you too. All my grandchildren are teenagers now and I really miss that time when they were little, although now they are still great to be with, but so much taller than me, but I'm a shorty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emilia is beautiful. How wonderful for you, Pauline, to have this time together.

    Take good care...I hope as each day passes you're feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, your little grand-daughter is so cute! I hope their visit is still giving you much joy, although I know how fast time flies by before our loved ones have to return home again.
    Mxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!