Thursday 15 September 2022

Back to some warmth

If it weren't so cold in winter, I'd like to live in or near New Plymouth in Taranaki.  I visit my daughter and her family there often and never tire of the place.

Of all Taranaki's attractive features, Mt Taranaki takes pride of place and he was out in all his glory the day I arrived for this visit.  I'm lucky to have an obliging daughter who doesn't mind stopping the car on the way to her place for me to get a photo.  Not everyone, of course, gets that view on their way home but it is one of the reasons she and her husband wanted to build their home where they did. 

New Plymouth is proud of its art galleries and picturesque parks.  I had lunch with an old work mate one day last week in Pukekura Park which covers 52ha (128 acres) right in the heart of the city. 

In 2021 New Plymouth was awarded the most liveable city (for a population between 75,000-150,000) by the International Awards for Liveable Communities, an award they also received in 2008.  I'm not a natural city person, I don't like crowds but I do love New Plymouth.

I couldn't count the number of photos I've taken of Mt Taranaki in the years my daughter has lived there. 

From my bedroom window the mountain is out of sight behind the trees on the left of the shot below but I have a clear view of the mountain ranges.  I like to draw the curtains as soon as I wake and lay in bed looking at the many moods of the ranges.  Believe me, it has many moods.  In this shot the clouds have taken possession of the hightest peaks.

 

At other times the clouds take over everything.  That's when I shiver and stay in bed a little longer.  


There was a fresh dump on snow on mountain while I was there.  I was very late getting out of bed that morning.


Right now I'm happy to be home in the north warming up a bit, enjoying the colours of spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!