Saturday 23 July 2022

Ward pudding

Marie has been my dear friend since we started school together aged 5.  Gee, that was over 70 years ago.  And then add a couple more.  Never mind.  

We must be doing OK as we can both remember that.  And oh so many other times that we have shared.

Always when we are together the memories and laughter flow.  We had such a great childhood.  In all those years we only ever had one argument.  Neither of us can remember what it was about, why we walked home from school on opposite sides of the road.  However, when we reached the point where we parted we sat down on the footpath and chatted for so long I remember getting a telling off from my mother for being so late home from school.

We went to see the Elvis movie together just as we first saw "Love me Tender" and "Jailhouse Rock" together. Our time together is always too brief.

We might be getting on a bit but her mother's and her Aunty Rene's collection of cookbooks had us feeling young by comparison.  

  

And look, Adrian, we have a place in history.  Not that I'm in any hurry to try it.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!