Tuesday 22 March 2022

The bowling green

Thor and Zeus were battling it out overhead on Sunday night.  I can't remember when we last had such an impressive storm.  I got out of bed to draw back the curtains then enjoyed it immensely, laying snug and warm in my comfy bed, watching the flashing fireworks in the sky.  I did spare a thought for young children having their sleep disturbed and perhaps being frightened as thunder shook the houses.   I gave thanks once again that my grandmother had shared with me her love of a good storm, the wilder and turbulent the better, her only concern that her fig tree didn't fall on the house.

The storm came with torrential rain, the most we've had in quite a while, causing lots of local flooding.  It drained away quickly.

This photo was taken early the next morning of the bowling green, just a stone's throw from my house.  

photo courtesy of Lisa Netto

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!