Friday 11 February 2022

Time passes

I've just realized my last post was just after Christmas.  As it turns out it wasn't my last, just my latest because here I am with the will to post again.  Thought it might have left me permanently.

I've been through a bit of a down time, no particular reason why, just lost enthusiasm for life (and blogging) there for a while.

At the moment I am grandson, dog and cat sitting in Taranaki while my daughter is in hospital having an operation.  Nothing too serious, thankfully.

Mustn't forget the three sheep and a goat.  Here's my youngest with the ram.  I could write a book about this girl and her pets, she's had a pet of some description at her heels since she was a toddler.

 
The sheep have been shorn since I arrived.  It's been really warm and humid, so they are lucky to be without their heavy coats.  The little dog, Jasper, seems to think there's something interesting in the wool.  He's wonderful company but I think he is fretting a bit.  I hope he'll be happier at the weekend when Aiden will be home all day.

No pics of Lola, the cat I gave to Justine as a rescue kitten over 12 years ago.  She's always been aloof.  I remember how she wouldn't come into the house when Aiden was a baby and in the living area.  She'd wait until he was out of sight and asleep.  She's now like that with the dog.  But she has finally mellowed a little and will let you touch her - briefly.

The house next door is for sale and thanks to their For Sale ad I have this drone photo of my daughter's home and Mt Taranaki.  (We cut the neighbour's house out of it.)

This is the lovely view of the ranges from my bedroom.  The lawn and hills will be green again in a day or two after all this rain.

It's raining lightly today and slightly cooler.  We had really heavy rain a few days ago and more predicted for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!