Thursday 30 December 2021

Christmas 2021

For the first time ever I spent Christmas Day on the road.  And for the first time in many years my three NZ based children and their families and I were not together.  We had hoped my son in Brasil would be home for Christmas this year but that was a pipe dream.  

My older daughter, Leone and I spent Christmas Eve with my older son and his family.  There's no denying Christmas is always better when there are little children and their contagious, joyful excitement.

 

After a quick visit to my grandson, Michael at his partner's family home, Leone and I hit the road for the long drive to Taranaki and my younger daughter's family.  For our Christmas lunch we each had a chicken sandwich purchased from a petrol station.  Perhaps the best part was ripping them from their cardboard and plastic wrapping.  And, of course, a specially purchased drink of cold water.

The roads were quiet and we arrived to a warm welcome from Justine's family who, for their first time had also spent Christmas Day without other family.  Leone's daughter, Jami arrived the next morning so that's when we had our 'celebration'.

Jami's smile always lights up a room.

We filled our few days away with archery, table tennis and a board game which I actually enjoyed.  I'm not a great lover of board games, usually get bored.



Here's my favourite photo.  Late in the day, Justine and Jami preparing to take a selfie - until Justine realised her dress was the same colour as the shelter cloth.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!