Wednesday 4 November 2020

Country roads

I feel as if Blogger is part of a conspiracy to get me to believe I'm losing the plot or quietly going do-lally which I think is a nicer term.  I do not wish to use the medical terms, they make it seem too real.  The observant will note I said I think it's part of the conspiracy, there are other co-conspirators out there.

I prepared a post a couple of days ago, it's still there in my list of posts with a 'Published" status but is it anywhere to be seen on my blog?  No, it is not.  I've been back in a couple of times, reverted to drafts, had a fiddle and reposted.  Nothing!  If anyone spotted Lily, please let me know.

So I'm not going to waste much time on today's post.  Just a couple of shots taken from the driver's seat along my most frequently travelled road in my corner of the world.  The dirt road is not all that wide in some places so it pays to not be driving too fast if you don't have lightning fast reflexes (which I don't have any more.)

Luckily I saw the dust trail for this monster some distance away and had plenty of time to pull over and reach for the camera.  He needed a lot of the available space on the road.

I had plenty of time to slow down for these beauties as there had been a vehicle in front of them warning of their approach.

Don't know what this fellow was doing out on the road by himself, he certainly wasn't concerned about any traffic.  Not that there is a lot.  But still.  I wound down the passenger's window and had a little chat while taking the photo.  He just gazed at me.  He was back in his paddock when I returned an hour or so later.  Either the farmer had come along and put him back in or he'd decided the grass really wasn't greener on the other side of the fence and got back in the way he'd got out.

 


I'm linking to My Corner of the World.

25 comments:

  1. Lily kept appearing and I commented twice. She's gone again now.
    It looked to be dated some time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I comment on this post I, too, commented on Lily. I can still see it when I click on it (in my sidebar) but all the comments have disappeared. The gremlins are at it, Pauline, you are perfectly okay.

      I shall go and comment again and see what happens this time.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Adrian and Graham, I see Lily down there now. Weird when it was posted after the Bivouacs. No comments but I thank you for them all the same. She's a delightful little child.

      Delete
  2. Second older post back and there's Lily with her ice cream cone. She's very cute. I like the photo with the cows walking down the country road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. Lily is a real little cutie. I always enjoy seeing those cows.

      Delete
  3. Hello, Pauline
    I like driving the back roads, it is more more scenic. I love the cute cows. I saw Lily back a few post eating her ice cream. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, I'm with you, it's back roads all the way for me.

      Delete
  4. Those roads were a nightmare in the MX5 partly because I hadn't got much clearance but also because the stones kept being thrown at the windscreen and chipping it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little cars like your handbag are good for grading the metal roads but not for a pleasant ride, huh, Graham.

      Delete
  5. I love your country road pictures and your sense of humor about becoming “a little older “. (I am sure I have you topped in numbers and symptoms). First time I’ve visited I am pretty sure (although due to that same condition, I may have forgotten) but already I’m feeling bad about missing that one post. I hope you (and others I’ve seen) get that Blogger issue settled soon, it has to be so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Sallie.I find the best approach to the most annoying aspects of aging is to laugh as in, "I see you coming senility and I laugh! I laugh because you can't take that from me." Blogger will probably drive me to distraction before senility gets me, I think.

      Delete
  6. You found the hazards of traveling back gravel roads. Lovely portrait of that Angus steer(?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like that beautiful black Angus steer. He's a solid unit, isn't he? And placid with it, luckily.

      Delete
  7. Love the third photo - the way he is looking so intensely at you, he must have been enjoying your little chat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Margaret, He sure did have a focused gaze, he seemed to find me as interesting as I found him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Backroads are always best, I think. As for Blogger...well, sometimes it is just weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is probably the best approach to Blogger. Just shrug is off as 'weird' and move on.

      Delete
  10. ...I have problem with the new Blogger, but not what you describe. I enjoy the unpaved backroads too and occasionally I need to share the road with cows and horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom, I think Blogger has dozens of different tricks to try our patience. If one doesn't work, it will resort to another - sooner or later.

      Delete
  11. Very nice to have a chat with a friendly bovine.

    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires technology,

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're right there, messymimi. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the fabulous photos especially the last capture.

    He looks like he's posing for you!

    Happy Thursday, Pauline!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Veronica, Yes, he was very co-operative, not at all camera shy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. a fun post of today´s life in your corner of the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What we called drizzle in the US passes for rain here but I don't mind at all! I smile when I see animals on the backroads, knowing they probably escaped the fence and now can't find their way back in!

    It's great to see your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!