Saturday 28 March 2020

Jami's Project - Day 4

Really?  Only Day 4?  So much has happened in the past week, it seems like another lifetime away.  I need to remind myself that I have now been in self isolation for 17 days so maybe that is why it seems so long and why I'm trying to deny that I'm twitching to go into the forest to talk with the ferns and trees, to see and hear the sound of the little creek gurgling along, to hear the birds that I don't hear here at the house.  

I feel a bit edgy.  Tightly strung which isn't like me.  But if anyone can do a month without leaving home it is me.  There's a fair bit of natural hermit in this old body.
  
I wonder how all the monks are getting along on the Atki Peninsula in Greece where I sailed with my brother, Peter and his wife, Judy in 2015.  That long ago?  I remember the day so clearly, how enchanted I was with the romance of it all, although with 1,700 monks on that peninsula, romance could be a strange word to describe their living situation.  I hope their isolation has kept them safe.  The world needs all the pray-ers it can get right now.

It's a little cooler today with showers coming and going.  Winter is definitely getting closer.Today's update for the project:  

451 total cases
83 new cases
12 in hospital, two in our local hospital
50 recovered

I think I'll just stick to that format each day


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our days are lengthening quickly and just making being indoors more obvious. Especially as the clock goes forward tonight. C'est la vie. I'm on Day 10 at the moment and so far still okay. We can go out of the house though for exercise "once a day" . In theory your farm is a massive garden for walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could it just be human nature, Graham, that I have such lovely place for walks but would love to go elsewhere? Perhaps just a perverse part of my nature? Take care.

      Delete
  3. Your persistence to stay in is admirable. Praying all stays well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go for a little walk each day, messymimi, to the letterbox and up a little side cow track. I don't go if the cows are grazing anywhere near and the farm manager could come by on the tractor or motorbike. I don't know how good either of us would be in not talking, even if from 2m apart. I do believe each and every contact could be dangerous. Stay safe.

      Delete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!