Friday 24 January 2020

And I go nowhere

I recently booked a flight to Australia with Air New Zealand, my airline of choice.  They then felt obliged to let me know my statistics for the past year.
17
You took 17 flights in 2019.

5,691
You travelled 5,691 kms.
I know there's no point arguing, but I did have a good long think about how that was possible, if you asked me I'd say I never go anywhere, I'm a real stay-at-home.  Except, it would seem, when I'm not visiting my daughter in Taranaki or making a trip to Australia to visit my family.  No wonder I'm always saving my pennies.  I will have a grandchild born in Brasil this year (oh joy) so I'll need to save a bit more than pennies.

11 comments:

  1. If you only took seventeen flights you are probably still somewhere else. Best check it is easy to get confused at our age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian I'll bet Pauline was away at New Year on one occasion. Everything isn't maths!

      Delete
    2. It's still worth checking.....Better safe than sorry but your explanation is probably correct.

      Delete
    3. Hah! Confounded your both and that's not easy to do. I flew one way on one of those trips with another airline. Actually, I think I made two other trips last year using a budget airline before vowing "never again".

      Delete
  2. Adrian Ward's comment above made me laugh. So true, let us know where you find yourself :)
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be funny if it were correct, wouldn't it. Di. Adrian always gives me a laugh.

      Delete
  3. You sure are a jet setter. Enjoy while you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pot, kettle, Diane. I'd love to be a real jet setter. The vast majority of my flights take around 40 mins.

      Delete
  4. Family is worth it, i am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even I get confused with flight information etc, I usually leave it up to my other half.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!