Wednesday 13 November 2019

Stanleigh

Taranaki is becoming the place that inspires me to update my blog.  I haven't posted since my previous visit and this time I had timed my visit to coincide with the Garden Festival.  They don't always have the glorious weather they were blessed with this year.  

I visited four gardens, one a time honoured favourite, one that I have visited very briefly before and two new to me.  My lovely friend, Donna's peaceful country garden, 'Stanleigh' remains my favourite. I was looking forward to seeing this dragonfly that I'd seen photos of, in its new home on the pond.  The hundreds of visitors over the week of the festival must have scared the resident ducks away.  There had been well over a thousand visitors to this garden throughout the festival.

  
Donna has opened the back of the garden to the paddock next door which doubles as a carpark when she hosts large events.  And it certainly allows a terrific view of the mountain.  


A new addition is the art work from the Garden Art Studio.  Isn't it lovely?



One of the features of Donna's garden has always been the hanging baskets which she tends so lovingly to have them at their best for the festival - and the summer wedding season which starts this coming weekend.


The new romantic nook looks so perfect in the dappled light under the trees that I can't remember what was there before.  


I visited Donna a few years ago when the covered patio was being installed at the side of her home.  Just look at it now!  She is certainly a creative lady.


I've just realized that I only took photos of the changes in Donna's garden.  The rest of the time I was strolling with my daughter just enjoying the tranquility and beauty.  In the other gardens we visited the amount of work that goes into maintaining such beautiful spaces is evident.  I know how much time and effort Donna puts into her garden but somehow it seems rustic, natural and effortless.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful garden. Thanks for sharing. That photo of Egmont ( Mt Taranaki ) is a beaut as the Mountain is sometimes hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a labor of love! Thank you for posting these.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!