Thursday 14 November 2019

Hirst Cottage and Waiongana

Hirst Cottage is just down around the corner from where my daughter has been living in New Plymouth while their new home is being built.  It is the middle house in a row of five timber framed, heritage listed (built 1862) colonial style homes.  The garden is quite minimalist and linear with a simple green and white colour theme - and the occasional splash of red.





My daughter trying out the gazebo and wondering if such a thing would work in her new garden. 

The house next door, although not an entrant in the Garden Festival, is very pretty also.

It's easy to spend a lot of time in Waiongana Gardens with its 4 hectacres of varied spaces.  




The Pavilion

Now I know we were there for the garden but, honestly, if you could have seen the cakes that were on offer in the Pavilion, you'd be distracted, too.


 Cakes from The Cake Diary

5 comments:

  1. Great photos

    Beautiful house and garden
    The cakes made my mouth water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter and I bought one each, then shared. They tasted as good as they looked.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely home!

    What love cakes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the homes are as lovely as the gardens, Lee. Cakes were yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did someone say cake? Yes, i would have been distracted, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!