Friday 19 August 2016

Calves

The new calves look keen for a photo shoot. 


Oh darn, there's always one looking the other way.



But when it's dinner time they ignore everyone and everything.  These five are being reared by my grand-daughter, Georgia.  She's doing a good job getting up and feeding them every morning before school and all. 



Elsewhere in the district lambs are arriving. These two were very recently born, having what could well have been their first suckle.  Hope the one on the ground that be bothered getting up doesn't think this will happen every time he's hungry. 
 

This ewe and her triplets (it's a bit hard to make out the third but it is there) are enjoying the grass and the sunshine.



Meanwhile, behind their fence, the cows are also enjoying the break from rainy weather.


Linking to Teresa's Good Fences.

15 comments:

  1. The sweet little things...and big things...everything looks so peaceful...so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! adorable babies of three kinds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous green rolling countryside, I like the last shot. I see that the cows turn their backs to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little ones are so cute Pauline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shots, it's a great time of year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet calves & such big eyes they have! It's always lovely to see lambs in spring

    ReplyDelete
  7. The calves seem so curious to see what's happening! Wonderful captures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, they are all so adorable. I love the calves and the lamb triplets. Wonderful collection of images. Enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful it is to see Spring springing after the rains and floods and, down in Hawkes Bay, snow. We are having a 'sort of' summer this week here on Lewis but gales are forecast this evening in much of Britain. We, for once, may just escape relatively unharmed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I had commented on this post, but I am not seeing it. If there is a way to self-destruct something I want on the computer, I can do it magically. So here I go again. Those little calves are so sweet and I love that your granddaughter is caring for them. Love the name Georgia. My granddaughter Eloise's best friend is named Georgia. I also remember saying before that New Zealand is the ONLY country where my husband would wand to move and live. He adore the area. My pictures may remind me of home...but we would love to call your home our home. genie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Baby animals just beg for you to reach through the fence and pet them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know about the fences but I certainly like what's behind the fences.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The calves are so cute and you captured them well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How is it that nearly all baby animals are cute? Those certainly ae.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those calves are so cute. Nice to see the sheep in the field and "triplets" that's pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!