Friday 10 May 2024

Here's May

I love this time of year.

Having said that I just looked out the window and see a dark cloud approaching - and I have sheets drying on the line.  Could happen at any time of the year.

Already 10 days into May.  Days are a little cooler, nights are a little cold, this morning was the coldest morning of the year so far, with threats of power outages,  but I did my bit towards conserving power by staying snuggled up in bed until the sunshine did its job of adding warmth to the day.  It seems there will be more power cuts this winter.

Here's what has been making me smile lately.  A little owl I crocheted for my great-grandaughter waiting for her to visit.  I smile every time I look at it, I think I'll make another one for myself.

 And little granddaughter, Emilia's artwork.  I'm so happy all her people look happy and loved.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, a bit chilly here this morning too (although we missed having a frost). Once again, I was glad that son worked all night and kept the fire going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owl is precious! Yes, make one for yourself.

    Their artwork makes us smile, doesn't it.

    I hope you are enjoying the cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a clever owl you crocheted and it's pink too. It was really cold here 2 nights ago, the fire has been on lately but tonight it's not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little owl and your little granddaughter will too. The days here are still warmish, but the nights are cold so the winter quilt is now on the bed and the electric blanket too. I am getting soft in my old age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snuggling up in bed sounds like the thing to do when its cold. Our mornings are getting cooler but not cold yet. Love your little crochet creation. Make a family of them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!