Wednesday 13 April 2022

Storm coming

About 10 years ago the weather bureau issued a serious storm warning with the usual advise about securing loose outdoors items, etc.  Little Georgia helped me haul anything that could possibly be moved by a strong wind into the house.  Before she went home she told me to be careful not to trip over anything as the living room was a bit crowded.

There was no storm, not even a strong wind and when she arrived the next day, the cheeky little girl asked didn't I feel a bit silly now?

Yesterday, when the serious storm warnings started about ex tropical cyclone Fili moving near the country I moved the deck chairs to a safe place and started watching the sky.  I took a photo but noticed when I looked at it that it certainly didn't look very threatening but it probably was a bit darker than it looked on the camera.  So I stood on the deck and checked the camera settings.  I must have been quite engrossed, the next thing I knew the sky opened and dropped buckets of rain on me.


It hasn't rained since.  Not here, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!