Thursday 7 October 2021

Low tide, Whangarei Harbour

It seems like a long time ago although it was just 7 years ago.  When I was a working girl and had something resembling a social life, I often had an hour or two to fill between knock off time and social engagements.  If I just wanted to sit quietly by myself, my favourite go to place was down the harbour towards the port.  Yesterday, when I saw it was low tide, I had an urge to re-visit, I always liked this spot best when the tide was out.  Back then rarely was there anyone around, now I couldn't even gain access, the area is chained off.

So I went a bit further along the road and then had a short walk to get these shots.

 

My new camera and I were travelling to Taranaki back in July when my trip was cut short by a health scare and I returned unexpectedly home.  Yesterday I finally remembered to get a new memory card for my old camera.  Now, I've just got to remember to take it with me when I leave the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!