Friday 19 June 2020

Fungi lovers' delight

With the arrival of Covid 19, the lodge I look after lost all its bookings right through until November.   Once we came out of lockdown the trustees took advantage of no traffic on the access road to undertake some major road repairs.  Then, wouldn't you know it, after months of wanting more rain, we had too much to be compatible with roadworks.  So they have been abandoned for the time being leaving a rather unattractive approach to the forest. 


Today was the first time I've been able to get in to the lodge to see if everything is in order.  Rats and mice can be a real bother in winter and I was concerned they may have gained access to the lodge while no-one was around.  Thankfully, there is no sign of them. 

I took a walk to the Clearing and the Confidence Course.  It seems like forever since I last did that.  Felt so good to be back in my happy place.

With no children visiting I fantisiced that the little people had taken over and made themselves some unique little homes.  I've never seen so much fungi on the one day.

a little swirl of creativity

the bakers in round dimpled bun homes

the chocolate makers

A solitary topknot

The colourful folk

This poor settlement has been under attack from feral pigs

A large community

 
My foot escaped unharmed

2 comments:

  1. I've been impressed with how much different fungi have been growing after all the rain we've had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do have their own fascinating beauty, don't they.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!