Thursday 16 April 2020

Jami's Project - Day 23

I have nothing!  Today what passes for my brain has been focused totally on website work.  Once upon a time I could sit and write prose for hours, I loved doing it and it made me happy, the words would flow and I nearly always knew how to say what I wanted to say.  Now I sit and stare at the screen, waving my hands around vaguely as I try to think of an alternative word so I won't be repetitious.  Ever spent 10 minutes coming up with another word for ambience, resort to the thesaurus and still not be able to find a word that makes you happy?  Believe me, it is very, very frustrating.  If this keeps up I'm going to grow into a very grumpy old lady.

Today the PM's 1 pm broadcast was covering how things might be for us when we come out of this tight lockdown.  I wasn't even paying much attention, instead I was distracted by her facial expressions, how she bobs her head around when she talks, the way she scratches under her nose.  Usually I find that habit of hers annoying, today it was infuriating.

See ... grump, grump, grump,

Over and out.  See you tomorrow.

This is my daily entry for Jami's Project whereby she wants to create a collection of journal entries from people of different ages, from different countries and different parts of this country, during this 30-day, Covid-19 period. She wants to highlight how “in this together” we all are, regardless of government policies, and the influence it will have on our wellbeing and to evaluate what individuals do to cope. She has participants from Alaska, Canary Island, France, Canada and Norway. (Jami is my grand-daughter.)

The Daily Count

Total cases 1401, Northland 26
15 new cases
12 in hospital
770 recovered
9 deaths

3 comments:

  1. Everyone gets a grouchy day when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, messymimi. I'll get over it, I don't usually stay grumpy for long, it's too boring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having my breakfast. My computer time is right down at the moment because the weather is fabulous (if cold) and I'm in the garden as much as possible. So reading this with my breakfast gave me a laugh and a cry. A laugh because I can't really imagine you getting annoyed over a facial expression when you would so often have been looking at it and thinking how to get the best photo. A cry because I'm always trying to think of alternative words for crosswords and letters and whilst I have a reasonable vocabulary trying to find alternatives gets harder and harder as my concentration gets worse.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!