Monday 30 March 2020

Jami's project - Day 6

It's my daughter-in-law's birthday today.  We are so lucky to have all this modern technology to use to communicate with each other while we are in Lockdown.  Last night Leone and I chatted on FB with her son and daughter.  We plan to use an app called 'house party' to have an online family birthday party tonight.  How cool is that?



My technology ability (or inability more like) has caused me a little frustration today.  I've successfully downloaded the app onto my phone but can't get the darn thing onto my laptop.  I think it will be hard to see everyone on the phone.  And I want to see their smiling faces.



The weirdest thing just happened.  Yesterday, while Leone was doing her spring cleaning she knocked down a framed photo of herself and her three siblings.  Broke the glass.  I replaced it with another frame I had and we put it back on its little shelf.  A few minutes ago, there was a little gust of wind which I wouldn't have thought had reached into the sitting room and the frame fell and the glass broke again.  We were together in another room.  When we heard the breaking glass I thought one of the cats must have knocked something over but, no, the shelf is far too high and, anyway, neither of the cats is around.  Weird.  I tell you, if it happens again I'm going to become superstitious.  Now, what is the word for a superstitious person - a superstit?

589 total cases, 9 in Northland 
75 new cases

12 in hospital
56 recovered
1 death
2% community transmission

13 comments:

  1. Hi Pauline,
    Instructions for HOUSE PARTY on a laptop.
    I've not bothered trying it but will if you have trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. This works. Sorry for the Cuckoo...Fat fingers and a brain malfunction.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Adrian, you are very kind. We all had problems of different sorts. Seems it works quite well on phones and ipads but is a little more difficult to get set up on laptop. But we all managed it and had quite a little party. Take care.
      T

      Delete
  3. Weird, haunting music is going through my head!!! If the framed photo falls again for a third time...it could be a mouse that is knocking it down.

    Everything happens in threes, it has been said many time over!!

    I have two cats...and it was left to me to get rid of a visiting mouse!! My two have no idea what they are supposed to do...one job...just one job...and they don't know how to do it! :)

    Stay safe...take care, Pauline. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, Yes, it could have been a mouse. This is an over 100 year old farm house so highly likely. Lucky mouse, though, if it escaped the attention of one of our cats which is a great mouse hunter. Brings home at least one a day. Which I appreciate but not where she leaves them, usually somewhere I step without looking.

      Delete
  4. Such an odd thing, i hope it does not break again. Stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it will break again, messymimi, I moved it to somewhere where it can't fall. Put an unbreakable heavy ornament in its place.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Freaked me out a bit, Michelle and it takes a bit to do that!

      Delete
  6. maybe it's just the Autumn wind saying hello while knocking down your photo, hope it doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess you are right, Amy. A sneaky little wind that creeps around corners. At least it's not creeping into my bones just yet. Today is absolutely glorious.

      Delete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!