Wednesday 20 November 2019

One down, one to go.

Well, actually it's two to go but my twin grand-daughters are having a joint 21st so only one more 21st party to attend.  For now, anyway.

Jami had her party last Saturday night in Wellington.  Because she lives there attending Victoria University and the rest of her family are up here in the north, she did the organising herself.  And what a great job she did.

I took heaps of photos on my new camera.  I can confess in all honesty that whizz bang cameras are beyond me.  The camera is capable of sending photos directly to my computer but I'm not capable of giving it the right instructions.  I can't even get the photos directly to my computer.  It's causing me no end of frustration.

Luckily, I was too tired to get up from the table after our morning-after breakfast and fetch my camera and just picked up my phone for a few shots.  Here's the birthday girl and her big brother, Michael looking at the book I wrote for her for her birthday.  I think, looking at that smile, that she liked it.




Mind you, she was a pretty perky girl for someone who had partied so hard long into the night.  Oh, for the resilience of the young!


We all look pretty lively for a tired family.  Can someone explain to me what it is with the young that they like to stick their tongues out in photos?  I just don't get it.


Thankfully my daughter, Justine took heaps of photos.  She also took over the food arrangements from Jami and made it took pretty. 


A family friend carried the cake from Auckland.  Like the scorpion for the Scorpio birthday girl?

Big brother having a laugh at his 12 year old self on the video.

Make a wish, Jami.

Aunt and mother of the birthday girl ready to party.

The next 21st party is in a week and a half.  I think I should be recovered by then.

15 comments:

  1. Looks like a great, family time! Happy Birthday to Jami!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. We all had a great time.

      Delete
  2. Wishing her many happy returns of the day, and that food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, messymimi. The food was as good as it looked. We were worried that there was going to be a lot left over but towards mid-night all the young ones got hungry and it disappeared.

      Delete
  3. Ah Pauline, darling photos! Loved looking at them and thanks for the share. Happy Birthday to your granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise. This is a busy birthday time in our family with a couple of other birthdays around the same time.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be thankful for small mercies. Young ladies here not only stick their tongues out they draw big black caterpillars on their foreheads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be thankful, Adrian. Any drawings on foreheads would be too much for me!

      Delete
  6. I suppose sticking one's tongue out (I didn't know it was a trend) could be considered a way of saying "Look I'm a healthy specimen". I can think of absolutely no other logical explanation. I have to say that your girls are like you: they don't look a day older than when I first met them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you to not be aware of that horrible sticking out of tongues thing the young girls are doing these days, Graham. The girls are aging well, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a very special family. LUcky you for all your joy and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tabor. I think I'm extremely lucky.

      Delete
  9. Lovely looking young folk...here's to a fellow Scorpio! Scorpios rule! (My birthday was on 11th November.....) :)

    Jami is a good-looking young woman.

    The food looks delicious...Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both Jami and her brother are Scorpios, Lee. Couldn't ask for lovelier people. Jami has a smile that lights up any room. And yes, the food was yum.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!