Sunday 18 August 2019

Flowers

I don't know how there are any flowers left on my rhododendron tree, there are so many carpeting the ground below it.  The wind has been strong today and the little flowers being blown against the windows are making little pitter patter sounds.


I have lovely flowers inside the house, too, thanks to my younger daughter who I met in Matakana for lunch on Friday.  She had been in Auckland to speak at an event she organised and we'd arranged a catch up along with Caralee, her guest speaker from the Gold Coast in Australia and Caralee's mother.  



Justine and Caralee are Instagram bloggers (I think that's what's they're called). It's a whole world of stuff I don't understand.  They both write about healthy eating and lifestyles.  And the number of people who read their posts and follow them is astonishing.  Caralee has published a few cook books and has 12,100 followers.  My daughter has 3,900 which I thought was pretty out there until I met Caralee!  



Anyway, I now have a lovely, modern cook book - professional photos, high quality paper with pretty basic, healthy recipes and Master Chef presentation.  I think it belongs on the coffee table more than in the kitchen where I'd worry about getting it messy.



Mothers and daughters enjoyed a first class lunch at the restaurant at the Sculptureum in Matakana.  If I close my eyes I can still see (and taste) that beef cheek.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers, beautiful women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating real food is so much healthier.

    Those flowers are lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I haven't been to Matakana in quite a few years, but the colour from the Rhododendron flowers are a lovely carpet on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds wonderful...as does the recipe book. Years ago I had a perspex book holder that was perfect for recipe books...when having them on hand when cooking from a particular recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that 'envy' best describes how I feel after reading that.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!