Wednesday 3 July 2019

Goat in a coat

A goat in a coat went a-wandering.  I wonder what he would see.
  
Actually there were two goats in coats but it doesn't sound quite as good.

When I stopped to photograph this one I discovered my camera is stuffed/had it/dead.  It's been ailing for some time so it's demise didn't come as a complete shock but it saddens me all the same.  So all photos until further notice will be taken on my phone.  


No, they had not gone a-wandering, they were tethered by the side of the road.  I didn't notice the black one until my return trip, he was so well camouflaged.  Even his coat was black.
 

They were just the first of the sights when I went wandering to Dargaville earlier this week.  The weather has been so blah but Monday morning was reasonably fine so I took the long way round, along the upper reaches of the Northern Wairoa River.  It's usually rather muddy this far upstream but there was just enough blue in the sky to give it a reflected tinge of blue.



Traffic jam

The Uppity Downities, my hills of home,  from a fresh angle




Shortly after I took this last photo, just before you drop down out of the hills at Araphhue, just south of Dargaville, it started to rain again.  Ah well!

8 comments:

  1. I'm surprised the goats haven't eaten their coats. They generally eat everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the death of your camera. Time to replace it. You do live in a beautiful place. Perhaps the goats complained about being chilly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The goats in coats are just cute! Also, the last two photos are breath taking, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goats in Coats, that should be a children's story. Lovely photos, you live in a very pretty place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will go to my grave (hopefully I will still have what passes for my mind then) with the Uppity Downities etched into my memory. It's a good job the goats are tethered. Imagine meeting a black goat in a black coat on the road at 60 kph on a dark night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Goat must be cold, brrrrrrrrrrr. The rest shows us are scenery, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad the goat has a cover on it, it can get a bit cold in Northland despite the rumour that it's the winterless north.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the traffic jam. I frequently get held up by a flock of sheep.
    It’s ll go in the countryside.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!