Friday 21 June 2019

The arrival

A friend commented a couple of days ago that winter really arrives here on 20 June.  It actually came a day early with the first frost of year coming on Wednesday.  I must admit I didn't see it as I felt a chill in the air when I stuck my nose out from under my blankets and stayed in bed until I felt confident the sun was chasing it away.  Such are the luxuries of my life!  Yesterday was cold and windy but I ventured out to my exercise class - and there were only five of us turn up.

Today looks a lot more winterish, the sky so grey it's almost white and my world has been consumed by mist.  When I lived in the little house down on the flats the outlook would have been totally dismal but I find looking out at the world quite different up here on the hill.  



9 comments:

  1. It's fine here. Exercise will keep you warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, and here we have temps in the 80s which I like. Dreading the weeks ahead. I can walk the yard and be sweating in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here, on the opposite side of the world, Summer arrived. It is too hot! lol I prefer Fall and Winter temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much beauty in that foggy scenery. It's lovely snuggling down under the covers on a cold morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful even if cold. Enjoy the break from the heat, it will be back (as ours is now).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm off back to bed now...paper and coffee in hand. A great way to spend my Sunday morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes we've had similar mornings here, not quite cold enough for frost but cold enough to want to stay in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've just had our first frosts for the year as well and yes it is nice to be able to snuggle down again and wait until the sun warms things up a bit.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nowadays here is very sunny. Sorry where are you living?

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!