Friday 29 July 2016

No mud

I determined to find some fences I hadn't photographed before, and take some photos with no mud in them.  I had to put some thought into that mission and decided to turn right up Jobe Road on my way home from town.  I reasoned there would not be so much mud on the hillsides as there is on the flats everywhere.  

Success!  I'm pretty sure that is a new fence, don't think it was here last time I drove up this road.


And although I had to step carefully around the roadside mud to get in position to take this photo, there is definitely can't see any in the shot.  As you can see the day was overcast with scattered showers as the forecaster says.  The hills of home are sitting in low cloud.


Coming back down the hill I stopped and counted at least a dozen fences in the scene below.


Finally, I stopped again at the foot of the hill.  This is the entrance into a trucking company's depot.


Linking to Teresa's Good Fences.

13 comments:

  1. gosh, all that rolling green! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may get a lot of wet and mud, but it sure adds up to pretty greens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful rural scenery. I love all the greens. Great fence shots. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dozen fences are certainly in a very beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That new fence looks quite sturdy. Might even keep the mud out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some great fences. I really like the one with the gate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss the rural Northland views, no chance of mud here though, too much sand from the beach but that's ok, I'm use to that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these overcast images very much. Who says it's only beautiful when the sun is shining? The colors are wonderful - juicy green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that low cloud too and you can sure see for a long way! Very neat for good fences! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job finding fences. That one shot sure has green grass, what a lovely area you live in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fences galore and mud by the sounds. You must be having loads of rain, which I guess is normal for NZ at this time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!