Monday 6 April 2015

Cricket and the eclipse


I watched the Cricket World Cup Final while I was in Taranaki and wasn't going to mention it.  But then I stumbled upon this police report in the Cambridge Edition.  Cambridge is a small rural town, population 18,400.

Tuesday, March 24 
There was a call of disorder to a house in Stafford St where a male was heard screaming. On investigation he was found just to be excited watching the cricket.

Thinking I might very well not still be awake at the time of the lunar eclipse on Saturday night, I took an early evening shot.  But I set the alarm and got up to have a look.  It was so spectacularly beautiful, it would seem like an insult to show you my photo. 


Today the house seems very quiet now that the Easter visitors have departed.


I hope they come back soon and pitch that tent beside my house. 
 

This afternoon there was the smell of smoke in the air.  It was coming from somewhere in the forest, giving a lovely soft haze to the mountain.  
 

5 comments:

  1. Very beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing, and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. I can't photograph the moon, totally hopeless at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely missed the eclipse. we had a crystal clear night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beauty, and i hope you do get another visit from those you love soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed the eclipse. I can never get a good moon shot, no matter what!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!