Tuesday 3 February 2015

Reminders

Today I have beautiful flowers around the house to remind me of my recent birthday and a delightful lunch shared with family and dear friends.  I thank my daughter-in-law and son for organising it for me.  


I don't really need the reminders that I'm older.  My bones are telling me today.  Here's a tip for other seniors who belong to a gym - don't let a 20 year old who thinks you are wonderful for your age re-write your exercise programme.  It's damn near killing me and I'm too pig headed to tell her.  

I much prefer my Monday Tai Chi class.  That's a much more civilised way to exercise and, having exerted ourselves, we all then have lunch together at this place with the windows wide open to catch any breeze.


I need a nap.

14 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good birthday and your flowers are lovely. Now don't over do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many happy returns. All this exercise and I can see you being able to dodge rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers. I haven't gotten flowers in sometime. Miss that! Exercise I do like, but I need a coach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated happy birthday greetings to you!
    Lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you, I hope you day was great.. The flowers are beautiful.. I have to see if there are Tai Chi classes near me... Have a happy day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a good one Pauline! the flowers are gorgeous. Ha! I fall in a heap when I'm done with my circuit at the gym, but not until I reach my car. Pride dictates that I strut out of there like I"ve not an ache anywhere! -groan-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many happy returns of the day, and please don't overdo on the exercise, it's not pretty when the results come home to roost. Don't ask how i know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you can handle this new regime. You've gotta keep movin or you get old!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Pauline,

    Don't let that 20 year old beat you, enjoy the lunches I say!
    Lucy had a good look around your blog the other night and says Hello.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous flowers, Pauline! That looks like a great place for a post gym lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. But at least you have those beautiful flowers to cheer you up again Pauline :)
    Have a nice and painless day!
    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I. Too, am glad that you had a good birthday. On the subject of the gym one of the things I loved about 1-to-1 in Napier was the fact that they started you off at a level that didn't put you off and gently worked you up so that you hardly noticed. When I used to return after 6 months away I would realise just how much I had even pushed the previous year and ho much I had to build up all over again.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!