Wednesday 18 February 2015

Missed all the fun!

There is a petulant child in me that is stamping her foot, scowling and muttering, "Why do I miss out on all the fun."

It's not like I'm hardly ever home. I'm here the great majority of the time.  But the very day I go to town and have quite a few tasks to achieve, meaning I'm away for more than a few hours, that's the day the cops raid and demolish the illegal crops in the area.  Nothing much happens around here usually and a police exercise is the equivalent of high excitement.  It's fast approaching crop harvest time for marijuana so I guess they couldn't wait for a day that suited me better.  

They hit a few more crops than those I suspected I knew about.  But it could be the one guy who planted them all.  I sure hope there aren't any more that they didn't find.  Not if they belonged to the one guy anyway. I hope the infrared detection from helicopters is as efficient as they say it is.  

I could be tempted into going off on a little rant but, as they say, discretion is the better part of valour.  After all, I have neighbours.

6 comments:

  1. Do they set fire to it? Be worth getting a seat downwind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I was thinking you were living a peaceful idyllic countryside life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are legalizing it here in some states with consequences. It is a complicated matter. Latest snowfalls tipped off cops when the roofs had areas where the snow melted and they figured they were growing MaryJane in side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's too bad that your pals got caught and the crops were destroyed. Now you can't just go across the road and pick enough for a joint.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh darn. I'm sure there will be other ways to get your adrenaline going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took the cops a while din't it?

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!