Thursday 22 May 2014

The signs

The warning sign has been at the corner of the road for quite a while now and, to be honest, I haven't been noticing it lately.  In the time it's been there I haven't encountered any trucks on the road.  I've seen a couple from the kitchen window but not really paid attention.


I jumped to attention very smartly when one came around the corner towards me yesterday.  There had been a few showers during the day so there were no tell tale signs of dust hanging in the air.  Usually we see the dust and know there is vehicle up ahead.   

They are pretty big on our narrow roads.  I'll be driving a bit slower when I go to town this afternoon.
 

9 comments:

  1. Those big trucks would get my attention if I met one like that. Hope you don't come across too many Pauline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they are driven a bit slower than the ones here. They must be faster than 'White Van Man'. Terrifying they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care Pauline. I also wouldn't drive along side one of those... :)

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vehicles like that always command my respect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it's anything like here, these guys are often in a hurry. It can be a bit scary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, take great care around those logging trucks. My experience is that they drive way too fast and hog the road. That's a fine sign.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really don’t want a confrontation with one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, I wouldn't want to meet one of those coming around a corner. Don't think I would want to be behind one either, I hope they have everything securely tied down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They don't take prisoners that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!