Tuesday 15 February 2011

Just a moth

Inspired by Doreen’s quote at My Reflections as I shutter along, yesterday I paused before catching a moth that was sitting on the window and throwing it outside, and had a careful look at it.


"For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it.
For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it."
~ Ivan Panin ~

I believe there is beauty everywhere but sometimes we have to stop and really look before we will find it.  But sometimes I forget. 

I’m so glad that yesterday I remembered and caught it and placed it under a glass on the bench to have a good look at it.  It was just an ordinary little moth and for a little while I thought it was dead.  But I think it was just ‘playing possum’.  I asked Georgia to get my camera and pass it to me before removing the glass. 

And look how lovely it is, this ordinary little moth.  Thanks for reminding me, Doreen.

moth

6 comments:

  1. Some of them are quite beautiful as they flutter around the veranda light on summer evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone would be proud of this shot. There are people with bellows, lenses, ring flash who would be happy with this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful shot of a beautiful creature. I'm pretty sure that it's the non-native Slender Burnished Brass (what a wonderful name) which came from West Africa to Australia and arrived here in 1984. It's now common in the north of the country. The caterpillars eat soy-bean plants, potatoes, parsley, carrots and cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen such detail on a moth before. Amazing and intricate. I'm just pleased it stayed still for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's beautiful too. Look at all the fuzzy hair on his body. You never really see that when you just look at it with your eyes. Great shot, Pauline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moths are fabulous - always been fascinated by them, ever since I was boy.

    Much maligned creatures I'd say - a bit like me (sob). Not really.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!