Sunday 21 June 2009

When Evening Shadows Fall



Today started with a heavy frost, then turned into one of those absolute crackers of a day that typically follows a frost. Now the sun is setting and I'm reminded of that old song, "When Evening Shadows Fall". I found a 1936 version by a Mrs Jimmie Rodgers on You Tube. Mrs Jimmie Rodgers was no lark! But the qauint, nostalgic old song suits my mood.

Because I'm starting my new job tomorrow, today I felt compelled to finish all the sewing projects I've started and not finished, so I've been hunched over the sewing machine all day. Tomorrow I'm going to sachet forth (does anyone sachet forth these days?) with a new bag, complete with matching glasses case and makeup bag. I might hand sew a few sparklies on the glasses case tonight.



I was surprised to get so much usable material from the an jacket of one of my daughters. But forgot about the handles until it came time to add them and discovered I only had two strips anywhere near long enough and they were from the front opening. Had to remove the buttons from one strip and there are button holes on the other but that doesn't bother me.

So tomorrow I join the staff at the polytechnic in town. Still can't quite believe that someone has given me a job at 64! Wish me luck!!


2 comments:

  1. Best wishes Pauline, The bags just look great. I hope your daughter doesn't want her jacket back now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new job Pauline. Very creative way to reuse a jacket. Your morning looks very similar to our winter mornings here in central Florida. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!