Friday 23 May 2014

FSO - Street Fairs

I've thought about this a lot.  What would be my local equivalent of a street fair?

I spent hours looking for photos I'd taken at a street parade for the Maungakaramea centenary celebrations.  When I found them I was amazed to be reminded that was five years ago.   Five!  And anyway it was a parade. But there was one photo I took that day that I think just might fit the topic. 


I've trawled through the archives to find a few other shots that have the components of a Kiwi fair. 

lots of people and entertainment

a sausage sizzle


activities


information stalls

and for some, a lot of standing around.

Want to see photos of street fairs around the world.  Just come over here and visit Friday My Town Shoot Out.  Or, better still, join in and show us the street fairs where you live.

11 comments:

  1. I love the first picture. What a hair style. It looks like mine but without the bald bit on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your is like a lawn fair - which I think is nicer than a street fair. But the towns like street fairs to lure you into the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun. We often watch Midsommer Murders, and it seems like one fair or festival after another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids in the bubbles in a pool looks like lots of fun for the youngsters. You have me wondering what they are going to do with all that milk. Sausage sizzle perks up my appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a really fun gathering. So many people as well!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  6. They know how to have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our street fairs are in the streets and some of it overflows onto wide yard spaces. Love that first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your perspective on the fun activities. Love the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fine series on street fairs. Looks like great fun. Thank you for joining my blog. Please come back often and leave all the comments you want.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to go in one of those bubbles on the water or climb that metal tower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just going to say that I'd love to go in one of the mini-zorbs and climb the tower which is exactly what my brother would have done. There's a lot of similarities in us. It occurred to me though that sorb is a term that might not be known outside of NZ.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!