Thursday 2 April 2020

Jami's Prolect - Day 9

This is my daily entry in Jami's Project whereby she wants to create a collection of journal entries from people of different ages, from different countries and different parts of this country, during this 30 day Coronavirus period. She wants to highlight how "in this together" we all are, regardless of government policies, and the influence it will have on our wellbeing and to evaluate what individuals do to cope.  She has participants from Alaska, Canary Island, France, Canada and Norway.

Another glorious day but the concerns of everyday life can't be ignored just because we are in the midst of a Coronavirus drama.  We need more rain.  My water tank is very low and with two of us now in the house, we desperately need a top-up.   So it's back to having a bucket in the shower to catch the run-off and other water saving practices.  Shouldn't have stopped after we'd had a little rain.  I admit once we had a couple of showers, I thought real rain wouldn't be far away.  You'd think I'd have learnt by my age that I'm hopeless at predicting the weather.

I found our venture into the real world today rather surreal - until we stopped at the supermarket, where everything looked rather bizarre.

More about that tomorrow.  Right now I have a glass of wine to take care of.

Go well.

The Daily Count
797 total cases, 11 in Northland
89 new cases

13 in hospital
92 recovered
1 death

8 comments:

  1. You seem to have better data than we do. I have no idea how many folk are in hosital here but suspect not very many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Adrian, we get plenty of information, I guess it's easier in such a small country.

      Delete
  2. Such a challenge. I am thining more of us will be in the same boat the way we waste water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's when we are short of water that we notice how much we waste, isn't it, Tabor. I run nearly 4 litres of water into the sink before the hot water comes through to wash the dishes! Usually, that is. Not now I'm in water saving mode.

      Delete
  3. I hope rain comes very soon for you, Pauline.

    Take good care during this troubling time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rain will come sooner or later, Lee. You'd think it'll never come looking at the sky today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying you do get rain soon. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope it rains for you very soon Pauline. Keep well :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!