Tuesday 7 April 2020

Jami's Projet - Day 14

I was feeling a bit tense this morning.  Not from any reason I can think of, I think there was just a bit too much negativity in the 8 am news broadacast.  Our Minister of Health has been behaving badly, the Crusaders rugby team's not abiding by the spirit of the lockdown, even Boris' hospitalisation.  I thought now where on earth am I going to find five positives to counterbalance each of those negatives?  No chance. I was saved to a certain extent by discovering our local district council was doing their first live Facebook broadcast of a council meeting this morning and tuned in just in time.  It was also the first time they had the councillors attending virtually.  They really should have had a bit more practise.  I took the computer onto the deck to enjoy the sunshine and watch the broadcast thinking it would be interesting but gave up pretty quickly.  It was terribly boring. The  CV stats today were encouraging, good enough, at least, for authorities to express cautious optimism about New Zealand's trajectory.  That's one big positive, so I'll take it. This is my daily entry in Jami's Project whereby she wants to create a collection of journal entries from people of different ages, from different countries and different parts of this country, during this 30 day Coronavirus period. She wants to highlight how "in this together" we all are, regardless of government policies, and the influence it will have on our wellbeing and to evaluate what individuals do to cope.  She has participants from Alaska, Canary Island, France, Canada and Norway.

The Daily Count
1160 total cases, 18 in Northland
54 new cases
12 in hospital
241 recovered
1 death

12 comments:

  1. Things are looking up. Don't listen to the news it's bad for your health. Much worse than smoking, drinking and getting diesel on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adrian, The News is one of my addictions, should have stuck with smoking at least that usually keeps others at a distance. Go well.

      Delete
  2. We are due to reach our peak in both cases and deaths in the next week...Whether we then plateau or go down is anyone's guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all a game of roulette at the moment, isn't it, Tabor? It looks like we are on the much talked about plateau. Hope you reach it soon, too.

      Delete
  3. There are days when it feels like this will never end, but it will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I tell myself, too. I make a new 'what I'll do first' list every day.

      Delete
  4. Pauline, anyone who was ever at a local government council or committee meeting was expecting it to be interesting would have to watch a lot to see one interesting moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, I remember a council meeting I attended about a new rubbish tip being established in the area. Now that was interesting. Yesterday they were discussing one aspect of the criteria for the Long Term Plan. Huge yawn!

      Delete
  5. Every time I roam through a few blogs from over the world, it strikes me how very odd it is that we're all more or less going through the same kind of situation at the same time (even if numbers and restrictions may vary a bit).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the aspects of this virus that my grand-daughter is interested in studying, Monica. We are all in it together, it's not often we are all experiencing the same thing at the same time.

      Delete
  6. There is so much negativity around at present. I'm sure my two furry mates have even picked up on it from the TV news coverage! We must all do our best and try to remain upbeat and positive, hard though it may be at times for some.

    Take good care of yourself, Pauline...I hope you and your loved ones remain well...and happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look after yourself, too, Lee. My daughter's cat and mine have both taken to laying around the house all day, close to where we are. I'm sure they sense something is different.

      Delete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!