Monday 20 January 2020

Three sisters

I've just had two of my sisters from Australia to visit.  

But before that I had a bout of pneumonia which was just getting better when they arrived, so I got off to a slow start in entertaining them.  I was lucky to have my two daughters around to help for the first couple of days which we spent in Auckland.

Three sisters

I can't remember which daughter came up with the idea of visiting the Wintergardens at the Auckland Domain, perfect for someone who is feeling a bit breathless but also for anyone who loves flowers.  So that's where we headed after a quick trip to Bastion Point to take in the harbour views.

 Daughters
 Sisters

The wintergarden is two Victorian styled glasshouses - one is heated, the other is cool.  There is also a delightful fernery.  Between the two glasshouses is a Japanese looking pool surrounded by a roman looking building and statues.  At least that's how they looked to me.


I think my favourite was the tropical room with so many strange plants I've never seen or heard of before.  I just enjoyed them visually, didn't take note of their names.  The colours were so vibrant.







The gardens are owned and maintained by the Auckland City Council.

13 comments:

  1. It's a bit naughty getting Pneumonia in summer. Hope all is better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My language was a bit stronger than that, Adrian. All good now, thanks.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been unwell, Pauline...but glad you're now okay...and spent valuable, enjoyable time with your loved ones.

    May 2020 henceforth be kind to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee. We had a wonderful time and they really enjoyed the cooler weather. They live in Brisbane.

      Delete
  3. I like the tropical plants too, very colourful. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you've had time with your sisters and even gladder that your daughters were there to 'help out'. Email on way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had a terrific girls gathering, Graham.

      Delete
  5. Impressive gardens and wonderful that you were able to visit with your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had quite forgotten just how impressive those gardens are, Michelle.

      Delete
  6. That's a cool place to visit with visitors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must remember those gardens next time I have visitors to Auckland, Messymimi.

      Delete
  7. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!