Tuesday 28 January 2020

Princes Road

For my sisters' last night in New Zealand we stayed with my daughter at the house with the river view in Ruakaka where she is house-sitting at the moment.



I visited Leone again on Sunday.  It was a hot day so we went looking for a tree to sit under near the water and have our lunch.

This prettily decorated tree was waiting for us.  There were Christmas tinsel and baubles, and hand made decorations as well as someone's little treasures.

It was simply the most delightful place to enjoy our fish and chips.


I hope those responsible know how much pleasure they brought to others. 

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely spot for a picnic. Like the sailboat in the tree. How appropriate alongside the river.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely little sailboat! A bit high in the tree to catch the wind but if it had been lower down it may have been knocked around.

      Delete
  2. I haven't been to Ruakaka in quite a few years, my old hairdresser who was also a family friend use to work at a salon out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruakaka is a great spot, Amy, it offers a bit of everything. I wasn't feeling up to the surf beach, that day I wanted a shady tree beside gentle water.

      Delete
  3. It does look like a delightful respite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was, Messymimi. It's lovely there any day and was just what I needed that day.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful idea. I love the sentiment in the sign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to know who had done the decorations, Graham.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did someone say FISH AND CHIPS???
    Lovely photos, it looks so nice and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a beautiful area...a spot where I wouldn't mind to be sitting right now. It's been horrendously humid here lately...so very debilitating. But...there are many worse off than I am...so I shouldn't complain, really! :)


    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of decorating a tree anonymously for the enjoyment of others. Must see if I can find a naked tree around here.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!