Wednesday 1 January 2020

Lexis

It's quite a long drive from here to my younger daughter's home in Taranaki but it was easy travelling for me in the passenger seat with my older daughter at the wheel.  Traffic was light all the way, even through Auckland which is usually a nightmare. We arrived after about seven hours driving plus a couple of comfort stops.

My son and his family arrived on Boxing Day.

Santa's little helper was all smiles.

 although it was hard to be constantly enthusiastic

For me, any Christmas is better with little children.  My little great-granddaughter was a delight to watch.

At the end of the day, as her grandfather worked the barbeque, she finally convinced my daughter's little dog she was harmless.  I was quite surprised how the dog accepted her attention as he isn't used to little children.


Ahh, it was a long day for a little girl - and a little dog.


At the end of the day we decided to take a quick walk up the road for a breath of fresh air.  The air was a bit fresher than we had anticipated so we didn't go far. 


A happy Granny and her six grandchildren.  The little one was having a nap.

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely family. YOu are certainly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos
    Loved seeing your family
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Illene. Happy New Year to you, too. Stay safe.

      Delete
  3. A good day. Most dogs enjoy the company of children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most do, Adrian. But the farm dogs are not quite as amenable as this little dog was.

      Delete
  4. Without sounding bah humbug I think xmas is more for the kids these days, although now I'm not in supermarket retail I felt more positive this time around than the last 3 years. Happy new year btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you, too, Amy. Christmas just isn't the same without children.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful family you have. Happy New Year to you all.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, Amalia. Happy New Year to you,too.

      Delete
  6. You are all beautiful.

    A blessed and beautiful Happy New Year to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best to you in the new year, Messymimi. I always appreciate your positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful time! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!